12.02.2009

Introduction

I'm not much of an 'introductionist' but I will say that I like to start things. Beginnings are great and go by fast. Middles are slow and arduous at times. Endings are never near enough (unless you are on vacation...then it feels more like a "beginning" the whole time!).

I'm a first year grad student at UNCG's Masters in Library and Information Studies program. Well, let me rephrase. I'm a first years Visions student which means I'm testing the waters and haven't taken the final plunge. I decided to take 1 course at a time to make sure this was the right place. After taking the LIS 600 Foundations course, I'm pretty sure that I'm in the right place. I hope to be accepted this spring and "official" by the Fall '10.

I quickly realized that I didn't know much about libraries and librarians and the future of all that...I also realized that if I was going to remember everything from start-to-finish, I had better write things down.

I'll try to be cogent. I promise I will try and be consistent, although we are coming up on winter break, so I may be hit-n-miss thru the holidays. ; ) Bear with me...this is a journey of learning. I hope to share what I learn and by the time I'm through, have more than this humble blog to show for it.

Cheers,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment