10.19.2013

Writing the SLO's

As I'm writing out my "student learning outcomes", I'm trying to put all the pieces of my work together.  I know some people would think this is just drudgery: picking through files and folders to find the appropriate work to match the outcome.  For me, however, it's a bit of a walk down memory lane.  I've been thinking about all the great classes I've had or the those little "a-ha" moments that happened when working on a paper.  It's those times that I remember why I wanted to be in this profession and still continue to be fascinated by it.  

I'm happy to be ending the degree program this fall, but am going to miss those schedule moments of learning.  Those times when I knew I would be with all those other folks who were just as interested and passionate about the profession as I am.  I think that's why so many people love conferences because it's the one time that we are together and "get" each other!

Okay...back to organizing and sorting!  A librarian's job is never done ; )

Cheers,

Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment