8.06.2010

Got Me A J.O.B....

I'm pretty excited about this new adventure I'll be heading into in just a few short weeks. A few weeks ago, I applied for the Teach Library Internship within the Electronic Resources & Information Technology (ERIT) group on campus. I was pretty sure I wouldn't get it...how's that for being optimistic (and confident!!)? So I was amazed when I received an email two weeks ago telling me that I was the recipient! Whoo hooo...thank you God! This pays for my tuition for the entire 2010-2011 year. A huge deal in our household..AND...it's in an area near and dear to my heart - distance education!

I don't know exactly what I'll be doing, yet, but I know that I'm working with the Distance Ed. Librarian and a faculty member from LIS. It's a project-based internship where I'll actually 'make' something and it will be (fingers crossed) used by the ERIT group.

Anyway...now comes the tough part of getting myself back in gear with ye old ID stuff. It's been awhile...almost 5 years...and although I think most of it is common sense, I don't want to walk in to this job with the "duh" sign hanging over my head. However, I AM excited about the possibility of doing some real ID work and possibly creating some online courses. That would be fab-u-lous!

More to come...cheers!

A

No comments:

Post a Comment