8.19.2010

Orient Me!

I get "orientated" on Saturday - whoo hoo! So here's my schedule:

8:30-9:00 a.m.
Check-in and continental breakfast (muffins, fruit, juice, coffee, etc.)


9:00-9:30 a.m.

Welcome and introduction of faculty

9:30-10:00 a.m.
Introduction to the program requirements

10:00-10:15 a.m.
Break, refreshments will be served

10:15 -10:45 a.m.
Campus information: (Parking, Books, bookstores and other book buying options, Jackson Library, TLC and TRC, LISSA membership, Campus computer labs, A walk through Curry will be given on the way to lunch)

10:45-11:30
Various Classrooms (Assignments TBD)

Meet with Advisor (Andrews, Bird, Carmichael, Chow, Chu, Durham, Gann, Hersberger, Kealy, Martin, Oguz, and Shiflett)

1
1:30-1:00 p.m.
Lunch with a current LIS student/LISSA member
Each group will be assigned one current LIS student/LISSA member


1:00-4:00 p.m.
Technology Boot Camp (304 and 305 Curry) - Signed copy of a technology competency checklist at the session for student folder will be handed out upon completion.

This means I can get there closer to 9am which really excites me because I was dreading the thought of getting out of my bed at 6:30 on a Sat. I know, I know...summer is over, but I'm clinging a little bit harder to it this year as I'm a bit fearful of all the work I've signed up to do. I just need to get started...

My Teach-Library job, however, is rockin'! I've already edited a tutorial that my boss did on how to conduct research. Once it goes live I will post it because the Plagiarism/Paraphrasing part is probably the best thing I've seen on the topic. Good stuff!

Okay..now I need to go read how I am supposed to write about what I'm learning and all that good fal-de-rall.

Cheers,

A

No comments:

Post a Comment